I am delighted to welcome you to the official website of Textile Researchers Association of Nigeria (TRAN). TRAN is a charitable, non-profit, learned and interdisciplinary professional society. Our main objectives are to promote the advancement of general interests of the textile Industry more particularly in relation to the acquisition and application thereto of scientific and technological knowledge. In pursuance of these objectives, we also engage in the following activities:
- Establish well defined and publicly recognized persons well qualified to be employed as experts in Textile, Polymer, Fashion, Apparel and other related areas and to undertake the duties of advising upon or directing or controlling the consideration of Textile and Apparel problems of operation and to occupy the posts of public and commercial importance.
- Arrange the holding of meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops and giving lecture with subsequent discussion and publication.
- Publish and circulate an official journal of the Association (Nigerian Journal of Textiles)
- Encourage the giving of prizes, scholarships, grants and/or other awards for original work and research relevant to the Textile, Polymer, Apparel and Allied Industry.
- Establish, promote or assist with the fund of the Association a benevolent or provident scheme or schemes under which pensions or other insurance benefits or voluntary grants may be granted to members and employees of the Association or their dependents.
- Promote co-operation with similar bodies in other countries as well as international bodies connected with Textile, Polymer, Apparel and Allied Industry.
In pursuant of its mandates, the Society organizes annual conferences, during such conference, ideas are shared and interests are stimulated for professional in the fields of Textile, Polymer, Apparel and Allied Industry.
Prof. Gwari, Williams Bako
Participants are invited to submit electronic copies of abstracts of not more than 250 words single line spacing, clearly stating the title of the paper, name(s) of the author(s), affiliation(s) and contact details (phone number and email address of the corresponding author). Abstracts should be submitted to the COC Secretariat via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org latest Friday, 13 October 2023. The PowerPoint should be submitted on/before Monday 15th October 2023 for scheduling.
DATE: 23rd – 26th October, 2023
TIME: 9:00 am (Daily)
VENUE: Ajose Lecture Theatre, Faculty of Agriculture, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.